Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999) Forum Index Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999)
Welcome to SMBF Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5.10 Freeride shoes
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999) Forum Index -> User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SingleAce
Deore


Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 961
Location: Pasir Ris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: 5.10 Freeride shoes Reply with quote

as above , i need some reviews of it . im using bmx graphite pedals that have block studs . so anyone who tried out this combo or atleast used the shoe can kindly tell me how is it . thanks alot .
would also like to know what is stealth , its the sole design , or rubber compound
_________________
Being a pro does not means u'r the best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
UncleAhPei
XT


Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 2819

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 5.10 Freeride shoes Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
as above , i need some reviews of it . im using bmx graphite pedals that have block studs . so anyone who tried out this combo or atleast used the shoe can kindly tell me how is it . thanks alot .
would also like to know what is stealth , its the sole design , or rubber compound


Haven't had a shin kiss since I use a 510, the sole grips well even in muddy/wet condition. Don't recommend it for normal street wear though, wear out pretty fast.
_________________
/////////////////////////////////
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SingleAce
Deore


Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 961
Location: Pasir Ris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 5.10 Freeride shoes Reply with quote

UncleAhPei wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
as above , i need some reviews of it . im using bmx graphite pedals that have block studs . so anyone who tried out this combo or atleast used the shoe can kindly tell me how is it . thanks alot .
would also like to know what is stealth , its the sole design , or rubber compound


Haven't had a shin kiss since I use a 510, the sole grips well even in muddy/wet condition. Don't recommend it for normal street wear though, wear out pretty fast.


how long did it last ? i got plastic pedals =D
_________________
Being a pro does not means u'r the best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Ongxw2005
Saint


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 3582
Location: Bedok, Singapore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 5.10 Freeride shoes Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
as above , i need some reviews of it . im using bmx graphite pedals that have block studs . so anyone who tried out this combo or atleast used the shoe can kindly tell me how is it . thanks alot .
would also like to know what is stealth , its the sole design , or rubber compound

stealth is the rubber compound. if u want u can go down to allsports at ubi to have a look at the shoes.
_________________
Wisemen say things because they have something to say. Fools say thins because they have to say something.

Old thing dont go, new thing dont come.
This is not called poison... is called gd thing must share!

Market bike('02-'09) --> GT avalanche 2.0('09 - ) --> Chumba XCL('09-'10) --> '02 Bullit --> Banshee Rune/scythe???

Quote:
I am not pro, just seasoned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jkl23ph
Alivio


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want total grip, 5.10 is awesome... i got my 5.10 for 2 years now and its still good... the outer sole still in good condition, almost no sign of wearing out and that is my only biking shoes for 1.5 years ...


i think if your kind of rider who's using a brakeless bike that can be a different story, coz normally they use their feet to stop most of the time Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
intosite
SLX


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 1786

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good shoes.
used bout 2 yrs. both front sole came apart from the shoe, about 50% of it. can't walk around with it, but still managed to cycle a month with it... finally just glued it back, and works great.

most of the markings of the sole is worn through, but still grips.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SingleAce
Deore


Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 961
Location: Pasir Ris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkl23ph wrote:
if you want total grip, 5.10 is awesome... i got my 5.10 for 2 years now and its still good... the outer sole still in good condition, almost no sign of wearing out and that is my only biking shoes for 1.5 years ...


i think if your kind of rider who's using a brakeless bike that can be a different story, coz normally they use their feet to stop most of the time Smile


im putting brakes back for that shoe . lol
_________________
Being a pro does not means u'r the best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
SingleAce
Deore


Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 961
Location: Pasir Ris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: 5.10 Freeride shoes Reply with quote

Ongxw2005 wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
as above , i need some reviews of it . im using bmx graphite pedals that have block studs . so anyone who tried out this combo or atleast used the shoe can kindly tell me how is it . thanks alot .
would also like to know what is stealth , its the sole design , or rubber compound

stealth is the rubber compound. if u want u can go down to allsports at ubi to have a look at the shoes.


i will be going down soon , if the sole is to rip apart , will they repair it or am i going to get a new one ?
_________________
Being a pro does not means u'r the best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
SingleAce
Deore


Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 961
Location: Pasir Ris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intosite wrote:
good shoes.
used bout 2 yrs. both front sole came apart from the shoe, about 50% of it. can't walk around with it, but still managed to cycle a month with it... finally just glued it back, and works great.

most of the markings of the sole is worn through, but still grips.


what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/five-ten-freerider-shoe-review-2010.html
_________________
Being a pro does not means u'r the best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
intosite
SLX


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 1786

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.
used bout 2 yrs. both front sole came apart from the shoe, about 50% of it. can't walk around with it, but still managed to cycle a month with it... finally just glued it back, and works great.

most of the markings of the sole is worn through, but still grips.


what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/five-ten-freerider-shoe-review-2010.html


my bad! sorry i misread you're asking for the free rider... my shoes are the low impact... wrong model... ignore wat i said
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SingleAce
Deore


Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 961
Location: Pasir Ris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intosite wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.
used bout 2 yrs. both front sole came apart from the shoe, about 50% of it. can't walk around with it, but still managed to cycle a month with it... finally just glued it back, and works great.

most of the markings of the sole is worn through, but still grips.


what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/five-ten-freerider-shoe-review-2010.html


my bad! sorry i misread you're asking for the free rider... my shoes are the low impact... wrong model... ignore wat i said


its alright , i will still regard your review useful as they are all made of the same compound . thanks still Very Happy chheers
_________________
Being a pro does not means u'r the best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
intosite
SLX


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 1786

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw i'm using deity decoy pedals.. awesome pedals.. almost 2 yrs old too.. well worth the price...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SingleAce
Deore


Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 961
Location: Pasir Ris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intosite wrote:
btw i'm using deity decoy pedals.. awesome pedals.. almost 2 yrs old too.. well worth the price...

i wan Embarassed
_________________
Being a pro does not means u'r the best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
UncleAhPei
XT


Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 2819

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.
used bout 2 yrs. both front sole came apart from the shoe, about 50% of it. can't walk around with it, but still managed to cycle a month with it... finally just glued it back, and works great.

most of the markings of the sole is worn through, but still grips.


what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/five-ten-freerider-shoe-review-2010.html


Using the exact same model as in the link. Other than the marks left by my cage pedals, everything is still pretty intact after 6months.
_________________
/////////////////////////////////
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SingleAce
Deore


Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 961
Location: Pasir Ris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleAhPei wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.
used bout 2 yrs. both front sole came apart from the shoe, about 50% of it. can't walk around with it, but still managed to cycle a month with it... finally just glued it back, and works great.

most of the markings of the sole is worn through, but still grips.


what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/five-ten-freerider-shoe-review-2010.html


Using the exact same model as in the link. Other than the marks left by my cage pedals, everything is still pretty intact after 6months.


what model do you use ?? how is the condition ?
_________________
Being a pro does not means u'r the best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
schimpans
Alivio


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 430

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are Different models for 5,10 shoes ? Which do you guys recomend ? 150 bucks is okay with me . I ride xc and like doing stairs bombing . I use wellgo mg-1 pedals

Thanks
_________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

scott scale 50
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SingleAce
Deore


Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 961
Location: Pasir Ris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
UncleAhPei wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.
used bout 2 yrs. both front sole came apart from the shoe, about 50% of it. can't walk around with it, but still managed to cycle a month with it... finally just glued it back, and works great.

most of the markings of the sole is worn through, but still grips.


what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/five-ten-freerider-shoe-review-2010.html


Using the exact same model as in the link. Other than the marks left by my cage pedals, everything is still pretty intact after 6months.


what model do you use ?? how is the condition ?


as in the colour , or its totally the same one , saw the white black / black grey / white red / sparkle design with 2 different design of sole , which do you use ?
_________________
Being a pro does not means u'r the best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
UncleAhPei
XT


Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 2819

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
UncleAhPei wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.
used bout 2 yrs. both front sole came apart from the shoe, about 50% of it. can't walk around with it, but still managed to cycle a month with it... finally just glued it back, and works great.

most of the markings of the sole is worn through, but still grips.


what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/five-ten-freerider-shoe-review-2010.html


Using the exact same model as in the link. Other than the marks left by my cage pedals, everything is still pretty intact after 6months.


what model do you use ?? how is the condition ?


as in the colour , or its totally the same one , saw the white black / black grey / white red / sparkle design with 2 different design of sole , which do you use ?


Just imagine with alot of scuff marks and mud.
_________________
/////////////////////////////////
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999) Forum Index -> User Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group