Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999) Forum Index Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999)
Welcome to SMBF Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5.10 Freeride shoes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999) Forum Index -> User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SingleAce
Deore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: 5.10 Freeride shoes Reply with quote

as above , i need some reviews of it . im using bmx graphite pedals that have block studs . so anyone who tried out this combo or atleast used the shoe can kindly tell me how is it . thanks alot .
would also like to know what is stealth , its the sole design , or rubber compound
UncleAhPei
XT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 5.10 Freeride shoes Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
as above , i need some reviews of it . im using bmx graphite pedals that have block studs . so anyone who tried out this combo or atleast used the shoe can kindly tell me how is it . thanks alot .
would also like to know what is stealth , its the sole design , or rubber compound

Haven't had a shin kiss since I use a 510, the sole grips well even in muddy/wet condition. Don't recommend it for normal street wear though, wear out pretty fast.
SingleAce
Deore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 5.10 Freeride shoes Reply with quote

UncleAhPei wrote:
SingleAce wrote:

Haven't had a shin kiss since I use a 510, the sole grips well even in muddy/wet condition. Don't recommend it for normal street wear though, wear out pretty fast.

how long did it last ? i got plastic pedals =D
Ongxw2005
Saint

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 5.10 Freeride shoes Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:

stealth is the rubber compound. if u want u can go down to allsports at ubi to have a look at the shoes.

Old thing dont go, new thing dont come.
This is not called poison... is called gd thing must share!

Market bike('02-'09) --> GT avalanche 2.0('09 - ) --> Chumba XCL('09-'10) --> '02 Bullit --> Banshee Rune/scythe???

Quote:
I am not pro, just seasoned
jkl23ph
Alivio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want total grip, 5.10 is awesome... i got my 5.10 for 2 years now and its still good... the outer sole still in good condition, almost no sign of wearing out and that is my only biking shoes for 1.5 years ...

i think if your kind of rider who's using a brakeless bike that can be a different story, coz normally they use their feet to stop most of the time Smile
intosite
SLX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good shoes.
used bout 2 yrs. both front sole came apart from the shoe, about 50% of it. can't walk around with it, but still managed to cycle a month with it... finally just glued it back, and works great.

most of the markings of the sole is worn through, but still grips.
SingleAce
Deore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkl23ph wrote:
if you want total grip, 5.10 is awesome... i got my 5.10 for 2 years now and its still good... the outer sole still in good condition, almost no sign of wearing out and that is my only biking shoes for 1.5 years ...

i think if your kind of rider who's using a brakeless bike that can be a different story, coz normally they use their feet to stop most of the time Smile

im putting brakes back for that shoe . lol
SingleAce
Deore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: 5.10 Freeride shoes Reply with quote

Ongxw2005 wrote:
SingleAce wrote:

stealth is the rubber compound. if u want u can go down to allsports at ubi to have a look at the shoes.

i will be going down soon , if the sole is to rip apart , will they repair it or am i going to get a new one ?
SingleAce
Deore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intosite wrote:
good shoes.
used bout 2 yrs. both front sole came apart from the shoe, about 50% of it. can't walk around with it, but still managed to cycle a month with it... finally just glued it back, and works great.

what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/five-ten-freerider-shoe-review-2010.html
intosite
SLX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.

what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found

my bad! sorry i misread you're asking for the free rider... my shoes are the low impact... wrong model... ignore wat i said
SingleAce
Deore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intosite wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.

what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found

my bad! sorry i misread you're asking for the free rider... my shoes are the low impact... wrong model... ignore wat i said

its alright , i will still regard your review useful as they are all made of the same compound . thanks still Very Happy chheers
intosite
SLX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw i'm using deity decoy pedals.. awesome pedals.. almost 2 yrs old too.. well worth the price...
SingleAce
Deore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intosite wrote:
btw i'm using deity decoy pedals.. awesome pedals.. almost 2 yrs old too.. well worth the price...

i wan Embarassed
UncleAhPei
XT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.

what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found

Using the exact same model as in the link. Other than the marks left by my cage pedals, everything is still pretty intact after 6months.
SingleAce
Deore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleAhPei wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.

what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found

Using the exact same model as in the link. Other than the marks left by my cage pedals, everything is still pretty intact after 6months.

what model do you use ?? how is the condition ?
schimpans
Alivio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are Different models for 5,10 shoes ? Which do you guys recomend ? 150 bucks is okay with me . I ride xc and like doing stairs bombing . I use wellgo mg-1 pedals

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

scott scale 50
SingleAce
Deore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
UncleAhPei wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.

what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found

as in the colour , or its totally the same one , saw the white black / black grey / white red / sparkle design with 2 different design of sole , which do you use ?
UncleAhPei
XT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SingleAce wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
UncleAhPei wrote:
SingleAce wrote:
intosite wrote:
good shoes.

what pedals do you use ?

this was what i found

as in the colour , or its totally the same one , saw the white black / black grey / white red / sparkle design with 2 different design of sole , which do you use ?

Just imagine with alot of scuff marks and mud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999) Forum Index -> User Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: