Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999) Forum Index Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999)
Welcome to SMBF Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Montague Foldable Mountain Bike Club ~~Memberlist @ 1st Post
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999) Forum Index -> Gallery Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElStorma
Deore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonestock wrote:
Emkay wrote:
My friend just bought during the ranger recent promotion. It comes with SIS parts .. I think not worth it even for the promotional price of $630..

Guess you are referring to this bike.

http://www.electroboard.biz/RangerBike.htm

It looks like the Paratrooper and the normal price is 2099. Anyway, the promo is over.

This ranger looks like the real deal.
it does say Montague Military Technology on the mainframe.
and it does not have silly SIS parts.

maybe there is a counterfeit ranger out there....
axl
SIS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to join the club. Very Happy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7alchbm8p2sa0d/2012-10-17%2000.46.47.jpg

Cycled 40+ km on the PCN last weekend to get a feel of my Para Pro, can't wait to take it off-road at Tampines this Fri morning!
vampy
SIS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emkay wrote:
My friend just bought during the ranger recent promotion. It comes with SIS parts .. I think not worth it even for the promotional price of $630..

Hi Emkay why does you say not worth the price with SIS parts? Can share your point of views? Curious to learn more about components Smile Thanks.
capt_oreo
Deore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are planning on getting the paratrooper, get it from an authorised manufacturer or distributor. There are ALOT of counterfeits out there.
Emkay
SIS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElStorma wrote:
bonestock wrote:
Emkay wrote:

It looks like the Paratrooper and the normal price is 2099. Anyway, the promo is over.

My friend bought from Electroboard and they sold him a fake one with SIS groupset. No montague on frame lousy fork and brakes. $630
Emkay
SIS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vampy wrote:
Emkay wrote:

Hi Emkay why does you say not worth the price with SIS parts? Can share your point of views? Curious to learn more about components Smile Thanks.

Hi, SIS parts are one of the cheapest range in Shimano line up. It is usually featured in $100-200 bikes. Another friend of mine got a Marin from rodalink at around $600 and with much better parts and components
vampy
SIS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i see thanks for the info Emkay.. newbie really dont know much about parts. Was thinking of getting a foldable bike however caught between the differences is speed, eg. a Dahon foldie with 7 speed against a Paratrooper 18-24 speed, whats the differences, both average speed on normal flat road roughly how fast Question
Emkay
SIS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vampy wrote:
Oh i see thanks for the info Emkay.. newbie really dont know much about parts. Was thinking of getting a foldable bike however caught between the differences is speed, eg. a Dahon foldie with 7 speed against a Paratrooper 18-24 speed, whats the differences, both average speed on normal flat road roughly how fast Question

Most Dahons are 20" wheel and fold in the middle of top tube.

Not suitable for trail/off-road, steep up/down hill. Other than that it is more than capable for flat road and pavement alike. It usually has rider's weight limit around 90-95kg so if you are big size, it may not be suitable.

26" full size foldables like montague are more suitable for off-road but still not strong enough for hardcore downhill. But it is bigger and heavier. You also cannot take it with you into our train unlike many of the 16" or 20" counterparts.

Don't worry about the number of speeds. Chances are the other parts will break first before you get to use that many speed in the smaller foldies. I own a Dahon 9 speed (since 2008) and i sometime ride with my friend on it at around 20kmh with ease. (when I ride my full size MTB, also around this speed).
vampy
SIS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emkay wrote:
vampy wrote:

Most Dahons are 20" wheel and fold in the middle of top tube.

Not suitable for trail/off-road, steep up/down hill. Other than that it is more than capable for flat road and pavement alike. It usually has rider's weight limit around 90-95kg so if you are big size, it may not be suitable.

26" full size foldables like montague are more suitable for off-road but still not strong enough for hardcore downhill. But it is bigger and heavier. You also cannot take it with you into our train unlike many of the 16" or 20" counterparts.

Don't worry about the number of speeds. Chances are the other parts will break first before you get to use that many speed in the smaller foldies. I own a Dahon 9 speed (since 2008) and i sometime ride with my friend on it at around 20kmh with ease. (when I ride my full size MTB, also around this speed).

Thanks Emkay for sharing your experience n infos.. Appreciated. Maybe i should narrow down on what and where my ride will be...helps alot. Razz
Apollo17
SIS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Any local bike shop for tuning? Reply with quote

Hi Bros,

Newbie here.. Just got a x50 from Taiwan..

Like to ask for advice here ...Any recommended local bike shop for tuning or parts upgrade etc?

Cheers
kczrush
Altus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emkay wrote:
ElStorma wrote:
bonestock wrote:
Emkay wrote:

My friend bought from Electroboard and they sold him a fake one with SIS groupset. No montague on frame lousy fork and brakes. $630

I had enquired before at the local distributor & was told the Ranger model is a fake. The pictures on their website does look like the real frame. Wonder how they can still be in business & still advertise prominently in the newspaper. Buyer beware.
Emkay
SIS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axl wrote:
Happy to join the club. Very Happy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7alchbm8p2sa0d/2012-10-17%2000.46.47.jpg

Cycled 40+ km on the PCN last weekend to get a feel of my Para Pro, can't wait to take it off-road at Tampines this Fri morning!

Hi axl, may I check with you where did you get your para pro from as diginexx still selling the old paratrooper.

If it is okay, the price you have paid. (or PM me?)
axl
SIS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Any local bike shop for tuning? Reply with quote

Apollo17 wrote:
Hi Bros,

Like to ask for advice here ...Any recommended local bike shop for tuning or parts upgrade etc?

Cheers

I have been to Hup Leong (near my place) and Soon Watt (went to check out Ergon grips), helpful and friendly folks at both places... Smile

kczrush wrote:
]

I had enquired before at the local distributor & was told the Ranger model is a fake. The pictures on their website does look like the real frame. Wonder how they can still be in business & still advertise prominently in the newspaper. Buyer beware.

It's quite obvious that the Electroboard pics are online pics of Paras photoshopped with the Ranger label. Maybe they bring in the frames from the OE TW factory thru alibaba and slap on their own parts, who knows? Laughing Or they may be cheap inferior frame copies, with dodgy FIT systems, quite dangerous if experience failure while out riding.

Emkay wrote:

Hi axl, may I check with you where did you get your para pro from as diginexx still selling the old paratrooper.

If it is okay, the price you have paid. (or PM me?)

You got PM bro.

Last edited by axl on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
vampy
SIS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Axl can PM me the price for Paratrooper Pro too, n from which LBS? Thanks.
axl
SIS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampy, PM sent.

Anyway, maybe you 4 guys (those I have PM to) can email the source and see can get bulk discount anot. Just a tot...

I dunt stand to gain in any way, just wanna help out and see more (prospective) Para bros enjoy. Cool
Cruzz55
SIS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, found this Singapore Montague group in facebook! Laughing

http://www.facebook.com/groups/MontagueBikeSG/
axl
SIS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruzz55 wrote:
Hi Guys, found this Singapore Montague group in facebook! Laughing

http://www.facebook.com/groups/MontagueBikeSG/

Thanks for the headsup, just joined. Twisted Evil
bonestock
SIS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Any local bike shop for tuning? Reply with quote

Apollo17 wrote:
Hi Bros,

Cheers

Care to share your purchase experience?

I obtained a quote from Yark for X50 and it was more expensive than Digineex. And this is before the shipment to sgp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Singapore Mountain Bike Forum (Biking Since 1999) Forum Index -> Gallery Section All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41

Jump to: